Interested in obtaining a .pharmacy domain name for your organization? Here’s the process in three basic steps:
- First, apply to NABP for approval to register the domain name(s).
- NABP reviews your application, required supplemental documentation, and proposed website content, and processes fees. The application review process is expected to take 60 days in most instances. A couple of items of note:
- Before beginning your application, review the program standards and read the application instructions. Understanding these documents will help ensure a smooth application process.
- All applicants seeking .pharmacy domains must be able to provide the content of the proposed .pharmacy site either via a site that is currently live or a staged site.
- NABP is in the process of creating relationships with regulatory agencies outside of the US. If a relationship has not been established in the country where your organization is located, NABP will contact you immediately to discuss how this may delay approval of your application.
- If your organization meets the program standards, NABP will grant your organization a secure, electronic token of approval. You will need to submit the token to one of NABP’s approved registrars to register the domain.
- Organizations that have been granted a .pharmacy domain must re-apply with NABP and re-register with one of NABP’s approved registrars annually. All relevant fees will be charged to applicants seeking renewal. More details about renewal are on the Renewals page.