Interested in obtaining a .pharmacy domain name for your organization? Here’s the process in three basic steps:
- First, apply to NABP for approval to register the domain name(s).
- NABP reviews your application, required supplemental documentation, and proposed website content, and processes fees. The application review process is expected to take 60 days in most instances. A couple of items of note:
- Before beginning your application, review the program standards and read the application instructions. Understanding these documents will help ensure a smooth application process.
- All applicants seeking .pharmacy domains must be able to provide the content of the proposed .pharmacy site either via a site that is currently live or a staged site.
- NABP is in the process of creating relationships with regulatory agencies outside of the US. If a relationship has not been established in the country where your organization is located, NABP will contact you immediately to discuss how this may delay approval of your application.
- If your organization meets the program standards, NABP will grant your organization a secure, electronic token of approval. You will need to submit the token to one of NABP’s approved registrars to register the domain.
- Organizations that have been granted a .pharmacy domain must re-apply with NABP and re-register with one of NABP’s approved registrars annually. All relevant fees will be charged to applicants seeking renewal. More details about renewal are on the Renewals page.
Learn more about the benefits (PDF) of obtaining a .pharmacy URL for your organization's pharmacy or pharmacy-related website.